(Read 574 times)

Reply to topic

Gastacara
Topic Starter
Hidden 
Post 07 Jan 2013 6:58 pm   

Multi-session CD's in OS 9

Hi,

I made a multi-session CD with Toast 5.3.
Every session is a HFS+ volume.
When I insert the CD, then the first session is mounted as a volume, but I can't access the other sessions.
On Windows I could see the session with UltraISO, but I can't access the other sessions.
Though in the help they say that it should show a window when I open the CD, a window in which I can choose the session.
Is there something like that for OS 9?
I read that FWB CD-ROM Toolkit 4.0 can handle multi-session CD's, but I don't know this program.

www.gangstalkingwiki.com
Dog Cow
Magician Magician

Post 07 Jan 2013 8:49 pm   

It's been many years since I made multi-session CDs in OS 9, but you should see all of them appear at once on the Desktop when you insert the disc.

I had been using Toast to burn multi-session CDs under OS 9.

Moof! Moof! Dogcow!

Book: The New Apple II User's Guide
InkBlot
Post 08 Jan 2013 3:10 pm   

As Dog Cow said, a multi-session CD-R is possible. I have created them with Toast 4.x.x under Mac OS 8.5.1. If you burn three sessions to a CD-R, then you should end up with three CD icons appearing on your desktop when you insert that CD-R.

It should not matter, but did you finalize the disc? One would finalize the disc on the last session burned. However, I do not recall that being a factor. The only other thing I can think of going wrong is that the disc was somehow bad, which obviously happens every once in a while.

Gastacara
Topic Starter
Hidden 
Post 08 Jan 2013 3:58 pm   

It's Toast 5.2.3 that I'm using.
I think I did it right.
2 times I created a HFS+ volume and chose "Write session".
They should both appear as a separate volume icon.

www.gangstalkingwiki.com
Gastacara
Topic Starter
Hidden 
Post 09 Jan 2013 4:55 pm   

I thought, maybe I disabled an extension that I need, so I'm going to stop AppleTalk and TCP/IP, then I can restart faster and start enabling extensions.
Then I inserted the CD and there were 2 volumes.
I don't see how this can be caused by AppleTalk?

www.gangstalkingwiki.com