Zeta SBC - Minimal, self-contained, N8VEM compatible Z80 SBC
Date: 2 Years ago01 Feb 2012 4:47 am
Here are the specifications:
- Small form factor (170 mm x 100 mm, 6.7" x 4"), can be mounted under
a 3.5” floppy drive.
- Through hole components only, most of the components are pretty
common (a good way to get rid of some stuff in your junk box).
- CPU: Zilog Z80. It was tested with NMOS and CMOS versions, up to 20
MHz, 6 MHz or greater is required to support 1.44MB floppies.
- Memory: 512 KiB SRAM (system + RAM disk) with DS1210 NVRAM
controller, 512 KiB flash (BIOS, CP/M, ROM disk)
- 8255 PPI. Can be used to connect an IDE hard drive or CF card using
PPIDE adapter, or for just generic I/O.
- 16550 UART. Serial port for connecting a terminal.
- FDC9266 or FDC9268 floppy disk controller, supports common (that is
IBM) diskette formats.
- DS1302 RTC.
- Runs CP/M 2.2 and ZSDOS, ROM images are available from N8VEM Wiki.
More information please refer to this page:
I offer PCBs and some (more difficult to find) ICs in any combination.
Prices: PCB - $20, FDC9266 - $5, Z84C0020PEC (CMOS Z80 CPU, 20 MHz) -
$5, Toshiba TMP82C55AP-10 (CMOS 8255 PPI, 10 MHz) - $4, SST39SF040
(512 KiB flash, preprogrammed with BIOS, CP/M, and some utilities on
the ROM disk) - $4.
Shipping (one PCB and up to 4 ICs using USPS First Class mail, no
tracking) is $3 in US and $6 anywhere else.
|Zeta SBC - Minimal, self-contained, N8VEM compatible Z…|
|1||2 Years ago01 Feb 2012 4:47 am||Sergey|
|2||2 Years ago01 Feb 2012 6:42 pm||Peter Dassow|
|3||2 Years ago01 Feb 2012 7:57 pm||Sergey|
|4||2 Years ago01 Feb 2012 11:29 pm||Peter Dassow|
|5||2 Years ago02 Feb 2012 3:18 am||Sergey|
|6||2 Years ago02 Feb 2012 8:54 pm||Peter Dassow|