Mac GUI

comp.os.cpm

Statistics and archive | This day in history
RSS

ThreadMessagesDate
AMF 665/D Analog Computer Simulator
James Dunlap says: Emmanuel, Sorry for the delay in my reply. I had not checked the gmail account in a while and did not realize you had responded. I'll check my profile in this group and see if I can put in a better email address. I, too, have been very busy, so I have not spent much time on this project recently. Th
706 Mar 2014 1:52 am
Some old manuals/books free to a good home...
6502power says: ...1979 set of DR CP/M 2 manuals: Intro to CP/M Features and Facilities, CP/M User Guide, Interface Guide, Alteration Guide, Ed: A context editor... , Assembler User's Guide, DDT User's Guide. I i paid could you ship it? I am in 91354
306 Mar 2014 12:23 am
ISIS version of the RCC80 CORAL 66 compiler
William says: Does anyone know where I can find the above compiler? http://www.computinghistory.or g.uk/det/32362/Micro-Focus-RCC- 80-Coral-66-Operating-Guide-(IS IS)/
105 Mar 2014 5:43 pm
Access *.TD0 files via LIBDSK Ver 1.3.3 with External …
ldkraemer says: Debian [HOWTO] located at: http://forums.debian.net/viewt opic.php?f=16&t=112244 Larry
405 Mar 2014 12:58 am
z80pack 1.19 released
Udo Munk says: z80pack Release 1.19 is available at: http://www.autometer.de/unix4f un/z80pack/ Sources have been cleaned to compile with gcc versions 3 and 4 under various Linux distributions, PCBSD 10, Solaris 10 and Windows Cygwin. The I/O functions in the iosim modules have been separated into 2 arrays for inpu
102 Mar 2014 7:23 pm
Looking for ALS Z-Card manual
Steven Hirsch says: ...I was mostly talking about the source code. Just checked and I don't see anything there.
1201 Mar 2014 2:04 pm
CP/M-68K C processor source
David Schultz says: I have noticed that the source for the preprocessor located here: http://cpm.z80.de/download/68_ 12src.zip in the file 68_12_10.img is corrupted. Some of the files are fine but three of the longest are binary junk. While cpmtools extracts files of appropriate looking length for macro.c, main.c, and p
101 Mar 2014 2:52 am
using an external library iolib.plm with dos plm cross…
retrogear says: ...Actually $I=5 DOES redirect to keyboard input. So if I leave it in load.plm it pauses and I type in $I=3 and it reads the library file fort.3 and completes successfully (the $I=2 is still at the end of library file). If I create a file I3.txt containing $I=3 then start compiler with a redirect pl
928 Feb 2014 2:53 am
HesWare/Paradise Computer Co. Connection?
richardcortese says: Rainy day detours. Going through some old systems I had and one that I know almost nothing about got to the top of the heap. I was wondering if anyone had some additional info. Vague memories from running it a long time ago. I think CPM may have been in ROM. Attached to a terminal it would come up w
127 Feb 2014 1:26 am
A V2 version of the S100 bus MSDOS Support board.
monahan9999 says: ...Here is the correct URL. http://s100computers.com/My%20 System%20Pages/MSDOS%20Board/MS DOS%20Board.htm go to bottom of page
327 Feb 2014 1:10 am
Single Board Computer
gm1mqe says: I am looking for a single board computer that can run of a single 12Volt input. It needs to have a 386 of some sort a VGA display and a hard disk interface either PATA or SATA. I know these boards were available about 10 years ago as I used some while doing some part time work. The boards I had then
126 Feb 2014 7:37 pm
Actual z80pack desktop screenshot
retrogear says: ...forgot to mention renamed iolib.plm fort.3 Larry
824 Feb 2014 12:37 pm
RFC: Best way for a Group to Work via the Internet
David Griffith says: ...Adding to this, you can pay Github to be able to keep repos private. Or you can get the software that runs Github and make your own repo collection website.
1423 Feb 2014 9:21 am
CP/M 2.2 sector size question
Roger Ivie says: ...It also assumes the first sector is sector #1; that depends on the disk format. While it's usually the case that the first sector is #1, some disk formats start with sector #0. Go on over to cpm.z80.de/source.html and grap cpm68k1.zip (the link is named "CP/M-68K 1.0x SOURCES"). Unpack and compar
523 Feb 2014 5:11 am
Looking for a virtual modem for Linux
Jon Saxton says: ...I mistook OP's intention. I thought he was resurrecting a physical computer. Now I understand that the project is to put an emulated RCPM online. In that context my response is meaningless.
723 Feb 2014 1:22 am
z80pack relese 1.18 available
dott.Piergiorgio says: Il 18/02/2014 22:47, Udo Munk ha scritto: ...I fully understand your predicament, trust me. for now, I'm content with z80sim alone.. Best regards from Italy, dott. Piergiorgio.
2320 Feb 2014 6:39 am
[Unix/Win] Yet Another Z80 Emulator by AG (final relea…
triledgets says: Never mind. Turns out I needed libreadline-gplv2-dev.
619 Feb 2014 11:24 am
z80 emulator running cp/m v1.3
William says: ...That's exactly my point. The CP/M 1.3 BDOS is only 0C00H bytes long so it offers a larger TPA than CP/M 3. The 1.4 BDOS is 0D00H long. In both cases the BIOS is tiny.
2615 Feb 2014 5:44 am
"Legacy of Gary Kildall" event April 25
Charles Richmond says: ...news:ldfrjo$nqi$1@speranza. aioe.org... ...C. B. Falconer, former poster to this group (now deceased), wrote a set of floating point routines for the 8080. They are in a very early Dr. Dobb's magazine. I think the Frenchman did some work cleaning them up... but Falconer thought he misplaced this r
713 Feb 2014 3:01 am
RE: Epson QX-16 diskette needed
Bfitzhugh says: I have epson software if you need it. Bfitzhugh
110 Feb 2014 11:06 am
8080 vs. Z80 in CP/M applications.
Greegor says: ...In 2005, Cheap Chinese MP/3 players used the Actions Semiconductor ATJ2085 System on Chip which runs Z-80 code at up to 60 MHz.
1109 Feb 2014 10:25 am
IMSAI 8K BASIC typos fixed
Udo Munk says: ...Yes, IMSAI 8K BASIC Version 1.4. It was re-typed from the manual and two typos were found. All versions that came with z80pack including 1.18 have this typos. The corrected bits are available at the link above, should be identical to the source listing from the manual now, it was proof read.
307 Feb 2014 9:43 pm
Simple 8080-to-Z80 file translator/converter
Jim Higgins says: On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 14:08:31 -0800 (PST), in <8fb28449-b3e8-42b1-99b9-b750b 470964e@googlegroups.com>, "Mr. Emmanuel ...Google Groups is NOT Usenet
2307 Feb 2014 3:09 pm
Pulsar Electronics Little Big Board CP/M and/or TurboD…
ClemFM says: I've been hunting for 3 years........ It's not looking good and as for a TouboDOS boot disk, well I won't hold my breath.
306 Feb 2014 9:03 pm
building cpm3 system from sources
Jon Saxton says: ...Note that the 6-digit number after the copyright notice is almost certainly a date ... 15/12/82 in this case. It is interesting that the format is always the one commonly used throughout the world rather than the one exclusive to the USA. That is unusual for an American company.
1906 Feb 2014 8:30 pm
Profiles missing issues
matt.or.brown says: Greetings everybody! I recently acquired a collection of ProFiles magazine. Checking archive.org I found that most are available, but a few are missing. Fortunately, I have 5 of the 8 missing issues! :D I'll get these scanned and uploaded somewhere in the next month or so. vol 1 #6 (May/June 1984) v
106 Feb 2014 4:55 am
UniDOS by Microsolutions wanted
Ole Christensen says: ...Please check Your mailbox,...
305 Feb 2014 10:08 pm
Any CP/M-Port for the Z80mini3?
Wolfram says: I've got a SBC called "Z80mini3" with Tobisha TMPZ84C015 (Z80 with peripheral includes, see http://mct.de/product/z80mini3 .html and http://mct.de/product/z80mini3 /schema.pdf) I want to run any CP/M on it and so I ask, if there is anybody out there who has done this before. Regards, Wolfram
105 Feb 2014 5:15 pm
assembling cp/m 2.2 movcpm from sources and disk seria…
retrogear says: I guess I should keep it in the proper subject thread. This is now available on the Altairz80 website under Other Operating Systems Larry
203 Feb 2014 4:19 am
how to convert imagedisk imd back to raw img
Alan Laughton says: ... the imagedisk .imd images back to .img raw? > It appears to be just removing the header and t/s markers? > Sometimes Google is like The Matrix. "you need to ask the right question" > I don't know the right question... Grab a copy of the IMD docs for the details, but you can do this easily with t
502 Feb 2014 10:32 pm
beware of "andananautions" on eBay
Mr. Emmanuel Roche, Fran… says: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintag e-Digital-Research-Manuals-MP-M -86-CBASIC-LINK-80-CP-M-86-6-To tal-/190810564896?pt=US_Vintage _Computing_Manuals_Merchandise& hash=item2c6d322920 Only "US $110" for 6 old CP/M-86 manuals that I retyped 10 years ago? This is a bargain! Seller : andamanauctions (398 ) 99,3%
302 Feb 2014 9:22 pm
BIOS source for Cromemco 16FDC?
retrogear says: ...How about this? Check the readme.txt too. Lots of "probably" in there... http://maben.homeip.net/static /S100/cromemco/code/operating%2 0systems/CPM/8080%20CPM%20BIOS% 204FDC%2016FDC/index.html Larry
331 Jan 2014 4:44 pm
S5 PG 675
dragos.lau says: I have a working PG675 and a bootable disk. I would like to make some backup copies of this disk. I wonder if this could be done with the PG675 or should I try writing floppies using the images from http://z80cpu.eu/mirrors/oldco mputers.dyndns.org/rechner/siem ens/prg_s5/info.html ?
629 Jan 2014 1:59 pm
(desperately) Looking for Z-80 Mumps for CP/M - versio…
Mr. Emmanuel Roche, Fran… says: We had MUMPS running on a CP/M system as early as 1978, and maintained that version into the mid 1980s (probably around 1983 or so). Steve Johnson, who did most of the work on that system, used a Radio Shack TRS-80 Model II with no hard drive (only two 8" floppies) to maintain that version, which wa
528 Jan 2014 6:23 pm
SID DDT etc caution
Ed says: ...It's more of a surprise than anything. One would expect a debugger should be able to run a standard program through to completion without crashing. Because DDT initialized SP to 100h it's likely subsequent debuggers felt obliged to follow for reasons of compatibility.
1628 Jan 2014 11:41 am
Re: DOS/65 for Ohio Scientific
Namachari says: Hi all, I know I'm bringing this thread back from the dead, but I'm hoping Richard Leary will see it. Like Bill, I'm looking for DOS/65 for Ohio Scientific, but no the C1P. I'm hoping to track down a copy for the C24P. Richard, if you are around, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for your time. Phil
126 Jan 2014 9:20 am
Help with Ferguson Bigboard II - PFM-80 Monitor Assemb…
ldkraemer says: Al, I'm sure you will eventually get all the Mirrors updated after you VERIFY and double check the modifications I made to the code at both locations. I think you will find it's back to ORIGINAL, or as best I can make it from all the source that is available on bitsavers. My intent was to NOT modify
626 Jan 2014 2:18 am
Re: TeleVideo TS816/40
Al Kossow says: ...I don't think Ed is going to be replying Check http://bitsavers.org/pdf/telev ideo tomorrow. I have a TS816 service manual that I'll scan and upload.
225 Jan 2014 9:51 pm
WANTED: 8080 INSTRUCTION SET EMULATOR
William says: ...Hello Emmanuel! I remember looking at that old copy of Byte and I adapted the simulator code there to a debugger I was writing. I developed the EPROMable code on the Intel MDS in 1982 or so. Later I made a quick and dirty adaptation to use CP/M's console I/O. The debugger incorporated the simulat
225 Jan 2014 2:30 pm
Scanned issues of Byte finally available
Greg says: ...ThanksÂ…this is much faster than the above PDF links.
2723 Jan 2014 1:23 am
Displaying 121-160 of 1,123 threads