Mac GUI

comp.os.cpm

Statistics and archive | This day in history
RSS

ThreadMessagesDate
z80pack release 1.20
Egan Ford says: ...Thanks!
321 Mar 2014 12:56 pm
Floppy routines in 8080
Jeff Jonas says: ...I thought "trampoline buffers" was the term for a buffer in the address range limited by the hardware DMA, where the data was then copied later by software. But I cannot confirm it: Google finds other definitions.
1021 Mar 2014 3:11 am
Imagedisk 1.18 issues FDADAP Adapter issues
Mr. Emmanuel Roche, Fran… says: ...Hello, Jeff! Hahaha! Very good message, Jeff! I had not laught so much in a while! Your list of the defaults of the "mini-diskette" is worth being included in Wikipedia, when they speak of diskettes! (I don't know how you say in English but, in the French language, there is a saying: "The new mon
820 Mar 2014 7:20 am
Re: serial terminal out of an LCD display?
Chris Baird says: ... > That ASR 33 font is brilliant - where did you get it? That's a good question-- not even my .bash_history/ knows... http://kildall.apana.org.au/~c jb/teleprinter_ttf.zip
2818 Mar 2014 11:52 am
Computing Now! August 1983 :assembling J.L.S board
Bill Buckels says: ...Enrico, Send Steve Rimmer an email. Maybe he can direct you to that issue. He was editor later on, but may know where a collection is... http://www.mindworkshop.com/em ail-alchemy.html That's his contact page. Bill
215 Mar 2014 10:22 am
Re: Access Matrix
oger says: In case you're still looking... It's The Computer For People Who Love Money. There is one in my company's conference room / museum. https://www.facebook.com/VIRTB IZ/posts/10152285474323713
113 Mar 2014 2:44 pm
Does anyone have tarbell cassette basic? Wav or mp3?
pbetti says: Il giorno martedì 11 marzo 2014 19:13:13 UTC+1, dott.Piergiorgio ha scritto: ...Please note that a mirror for retroarchive.org is already available here: http://www.z80cpu.eu/mirrors/w ww.retroarchive.org/index.html Piergiorgio Betti
611 Mar 2014 6:53 pm
Any TurboDOS Fans?
pbetti says: Il giorno martedì 11 marzo 2014 15:27:23 UTC+1, new_castle_j ha scritto: ...Yes, sure. More people here are interested in TurboDOS. Look here for an example: http://www.z80cpu.eu/component /content/article/79-data-articl es/archive/79-turbodos It will be great if you could share your experience and s
211 Mar 2014 6:29 pm
S100 ram static ram cards looking.
Casey Nordberg says: Do you know when you might post some memory cards?
711 Mar 2014 5:56 am
cpmtools - Elwro?
Bill Buckels says: ...Larry and John, Thanks for an excellent and informative thread. Bill
1910 Mar 2014 2:39 pm
How to Load basic on IMSAI 8080? with IMSAI SIO 2 card…
Udo Munk says: The loader can't be at address 0, because standalone Basic loads at 0. So after a few bytes loaded, the loader overwrites it self, and from there on the program would run off. Also the loader needs to be placed at the memory location is was assembled for, else it won't run correctly. A hex file is a
410 Mar 2014 10:36 am
TD0 - Disk Image ?
Peter Dassow says: ...May be you try it in two steps. David Dunfield's ImageDisk contains also a conversion utility (TD0 to IMG). You can try also the following solutions: http://www.willsworks.net/wtel edsk.htm http://erokhin.tripod.com/tdcv t.html Regards Peter
408 Mar 2014 9:23 am
WANTED: IEEE "Spectrum" (magazine) Article
Mr. Emmanuel Roche, Fran… says: Wahoo! This was quick! Half-an-hour after asking for it, someone sent me the article... Many thanks! I am now working on this historical article, written precisely the year during which CP/M booted for the first time. So, it provides a nice background on what was available, 40 years ago. Yours Since
208 Mar 2014 7:46 am
RE; Disk Jockey 2D/B
David Griffith says: ...The Rlee collection is a bunch of files related to CP/M and S100 hardware put together by Rlee Peters around March of 1999. Google will show you lots of mirrors of it where you can browse through it or download the whole thing.
1007 Mar 2014 11:46 am
IMSAI 8080 Morrow Disk Jockey 2/DIO Card CP/M boot dis…
6502power says: ...I need morrow #508 disk, on bitsavers starts at 509
506 Mar 2014 4:46 am
AMF 665/D Analog Computer Simulator
James Dunlap says: Emmanuel, Sorry for the delay in my reply. I had not checked the gmail account in a while and did not realize you had responded. I'll check my profile in this group and see if I can put in a better email address. I, too, have been very busy, so I have not spent much time on this project recently. Th
706 Mar 2014 1:52 am
Some old manuals/books free to a good home...
6502power says: ...1979 set of DR CP/M 2 manuals: Intro to CP/M Features and Facilities, CP/M User Guide, Interface Guide, Alteration Guide, Ed: A context editor... , Assembler User's Guide, DDT User's Guide. I i paid could you ship it? I am in 91354
306 Mar 2014 12:23 am
ISIS version of the RCC80 CORAL 66 compiler
William says: Does anyone know where I can find the above compiler? http://www.computinghistory.or g.uk/det/32362/Micro-Focus-RCC- 80-Coral-66-Operating-Guide-(IS IS)/
105 Mar 2014 5:43 pm
Access *.TD0 files via LIBDSK Ver 1.3.3 with External …
ldkraemer says: Debian [HOWTO] located at: http://forums.debian.net/viewt opic.php?f=16&t=112244 Larry
405 Mar 2014 12:58 am
z80pack 1.19 released
Udo Munk says: z80pack Release 1.19 is available at: http://www.autometer.de/unix4f un/z80pack/ Sources have been cleaned to compile with gcc versions 3 and 4 under various Linux distributions, PCBSD 10, Solaris 10 and Windows Cygwin. The I/O functions in the iosim modules have been separated into 2 arrays for inpu
102 Mar 2014 7:23 pm
Looking for ALS Z-Card manual
Steven Hirsch says: ...I was mostly talking about the source code. Just checked and I don't see anything there.
1201 Mar 2014 2:04 pm
CP/M-68K C processor source
David Schultz says: I have noticed that the source for the preprocessor located here: http://cpm.z80.de/download/68_ 12src.zip in the file 68_12_10.img is corrupted. Some of the files are fine but three of the longest are binary junk. While cpmtools extracts files of appropriate looking length for macro.c, main.c, and p
101 Mar 2014 2:52 am
using an external library iolib.plm with dos plm cross…
retrogear says: ...Actually $I=5 DOES redirect to keyboard input. So if I leave it in load.plm it pauses and I type in $I=3 and it reads the library file fort.3 and completes successfully (the $I=2 is still at the end of library file). If I create a file I3.txt containing $I=3 then start compiler with a redirect pl
928 Feb 2014 2:53 am
HesWare/Paradise Computer Co. Connection?
richardcortese says: Rainy day detours. Going through some old systems I had and one that I know almost nothing about got to the top of the heap. I was wondering if anyone had some additional info. Vague memories from running it a long time ago. I think CPM may have been in ROM. Attached to a terminal it would come up w
127 Feb 2014 1:26 am
A V2 version of the S100 bus MSDOS Support board.
monahan9999 says: ...Here is the correct URL. http://s100computers.com/My%20 System%20Pages/MSDOS%20Board/MS DOS%20Board.htm go to bottom of page
327 Feb 2014 1:10 am
Single Board Computer
gm1mqe says: I am looking for a single board computer that can run of a single 12Volt input. It needs to have a 386 of some sort a VGA display and a hard disk interface either PATA or SATA. I know these boards were available about 10 years ago as I used some while doing some part time work. The boards I had then
126 Feb 2014 7:37 pm
Actual z80pack desktop screenshot
retrogear says: ...forgot to mention renamed iolib.plm fort.3 Larry
824 Feb 2014 12:37 pm
RFC: Best way for a Group to Work via the Internet
David Griffith says: ...Adding to this, you can pay Github to be able to keep repos private. Or you can get the software that runs Github and make your own repo collection website.
1423 Feb 2014 9:21 am
CP/M 2.2 sector size question
Roger Ivie says: ...It also assumes the first sector is sector #1; that depends on the disk format. While it's usually the case that the first sector is #1, some disk formats start with sector #0. Go on over to cpm.z80.de/source.html and grap cpm68k1.zip (the link is named "CP/M-68K 1.0x SOURCES"). Unpack and compar
523 Feb 2014 5:11 am
Looking for a virtual modem for Linux
Jon Saxton says: ...I mistook OP's intention. I thought he was resurrecting a physical computer. Now I understand that the project is to put an emulated RCPM online. In that context my response is meaningless.
723 Feb 2014 1:22 am
z80pack relese 1.18 available
dott.Piergiorgio says: Il 18/02/2014 22:47, Udo Munk ha scritto: ...I fully understand your predicament, trust me. for now, I'm content with z80sim alone.. Best regards from Italy, dott. Piergiorgio.
2320 Feb 2014 6:39 am
[Unix/Win] Yet Another Z80 Emulator by AG (final relea…
triledgets says: Never mind. Turns out I needed libreadline-gplv2-dev.
619 Feb 2014 11:24 am
z80 emulator running cp/m v1.3
William says: ...That's exactly my point. The CP/M 1.3 BDOS is only 0C00H bytes long so it offers a larger TPA than CP/M 3. The 1.4 BDOS is 0D00H long. In both cases the BIOS is tiny.
2615 Feb 2014 5:44 am
"Legacy of Gary Kildall" event April 25
Charles Richmond says: ...news:ldfrjo$nqi$1@speranza. aioe.org... ...C. B. Falconer, former poster to this group (now deceased), wrote a set of floating point routines for the 8080. They are in a very early Dr. Dobb's magazine. I think the Frenchman did some work cleaning them up... but Falconer thought he misplaced this r
713 Feb 2014 3:01 am
RE: Epson QX-16 diskette needed
Bfitzhugh says: I have epson software if you need it. Bfitzhugh
110 Feb 2014 11:06 am
8080 vs. Z80 in CP/M applications.
Greegor says: ...In 2005, Cheap Chinese MP/3 players used the Actions Semiconductor ATJ2085 System on Chip which runs Z-80 code at up to 60 MHz.
1109 Feb 2014 10:25 am
IMSAI 8K BASIC typos fixed
Udo Munk says: ...Yes, IMSAI 8K BASIC Version 1.4. It was re-typed from the manual and two typos were found. All versions that came with z80pack including 1.18 have this typos. The corrected bits are available at the link above, should be identical to the source listing from the manual now, it was proof read.
307 Feb 2014 9:43 pm
Simple 8080-to-Z80 file translator/converter
Jim Higgins says: On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 14:08:31 -0800 (PST), in <8fb28449-b3e8-42b1-99b9-b750b 470964e@googlegroups.com>, "Mr. Emmanuel ...Google Groups is NOT Usenet
2307 Feb 2014 3:09 pm
Pulsar Electronics Little Big Board CP/M and/or TurboD…
ClemFM says: I've been hunting for 3 years........ It's not looking good and as for a TouboDOS boot disk, well I won't hold my breath.
306 Feb 2014 9:03 pm
building cpm3 system from sources
Jon Saxton says: ...Note that the 6-digit number after the copyright notice is almost certainly a date ... 15/12/82 in this case. It is interesting that the format is always the one commonly used throughout the world rather than the one exclusive to the USA. That is unusual for an American company.
1906 Feb 2014 8:30 pm
Displaying 81-120 of 1,100 threads